The MBPN may provide up to $250 mini-grants to individuals or groups who organize workshops related to barn preservation. Examples of workshops eligible for funding:
- Workshops and sessions covering technical and educational topics related to barn preservation
- Hands-on demonstrations of preservation techniques
- Barn tours
- Other workshops will be considered by the board on an individual basis
How to Apply
To request an application, contact board member Steve Stier.
The MBPN board meets quarterly in January, April, July, and October. Applications will only be reviewed at these meetings.
- Pre-Event: All promotional material must state that MBPN is a co-sponsor of the workshop. It is highly recommended that workshop information be submitted for publication in the MBPN newsletter and for posting on the MBPN website.
- Post-Event: A report of the workshop must be sent to MBPN and include: number of attendees, evaluations, work accomplished and any publicity. Photos of the workshop would be valuable.
- Receipts: Copies of the receipts showing expenditures of $250 must be included in the report. Eligible expenses include: promotional materials, travel expenses for instructors, construction materials.
- Cancellation Policy: If the workshop is cancelled, the grant must be refunded.
- Liability: MBPN has liability insurance to cover educational workshops. But remember, safety of participants is the first consideration in a hands-on workshop.